I. Love. Autumn. Winter will always be my favourite season (even though I'm a summer baby), but there's something about the crisp coolness of autumn that I just can't help but adore. Naturally, I also love the transition in beauty products; coppery smokey eyes, bolder lips, and of course, autumn nails. If you've been reading on-thebias for a while, you probably know I'm completely obsessed with nail polish, so I've chosen my 5 favourite shades for the transition between autumn and winter, just for a little 'A/W inspiration'.
1. Models Own 'Ibiza Mix': This is a gorgeous, dense, multi-coloured, glitter from the 'Hed Kandi' collection. With huge flakes of gold, teal, copper, and lilac, in a translucent grey base, it's perfect for filling the gap between summer's bright colours and the sparkles of the festive season. I'd recommend a base colour if you're looking for full opacity, though.
2. Barry M 'Majesty': From the Royal Glitters collection, this muted gold is very wearable for most skin tones, and is so gorgeous for this season. It's textured, so is pretty durable, even on dry or brittle cold-weather nails, and applies like a dream - fully opaque in two coats, and fast-drying, what more could a girl ask for?
3. Models Own 'Concrete Mixer': This is one of those gorgeous muted shades that nearly every brand has its own version of (OPI's 'Did you 'Ear about Van Gogh?' and Essie's 'Playa Del Platinum' spring to mind). As the name suggests, it's a muted cement-coloured grey/green hybrid, and is very wearable - if you're a fan of nudes and neutrals in the summer, this should be your go-to fall nail colour choice, for sure.
4. Essie 'Island Hopping': Although this was released in Essie's 'Bahamas' Spring/Summer collection a few years ago, I only ever think of this muted mauve as an autumn shade. If you're fair, like me, or just don't favour darker tones, this is a happy medium between the dark purples which are more popular at this time of year, and the pale shades you'd be wearing in summer. Like some Essie polishes, it's a little thin, so you may need three coats to get full opacity, but the colour payoff is worth it!
5. Revlon 'Smouldering': This is a new addition to my collection, and it's already a favourite; it's an iridescent grey/blue colour with metallic undertones, and I think it would easily take you through to winter, too, paired with a sparse glitter. I can't even do this colour justice with words, just do yourself a favour and pop into your nearest Boots to check it out, it's so gorgeous.
What are your favourite autumn nail colours?